So, you want to compete in the Crab Pot Pitch Competition?Read through these carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Step 2: Initial Follow-Up:Once the form is submitted, participants will be contacted by a member of the Southern Maryland Innovates team with next steps.
Step 3: Submit your Business Model.
- All contestants must use the business model outline below. Please email submissions to email@example.com.
- Due September 21st, 2020.
- Business Model Canvas Example
Step 4: Submission reviews
- Submissions will be reviewed by a Southern Maryland Innovates review panel. Review will be based on judging criteria. See Contest Rules.
- Five finalists from the Speed Round will compete in the Crab Pot Finals.
Step 5: Develop the Final pitch
- Final slide deck should include a full presentation.
- Finalists will have 5 minutes to deliver pitch. Remember to focus on the judging criteria.
- Email final slides to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 22nd, 2020.
Step 6: Practice, Practice, Practice!We strongly encourage you to practice your pitches. Pitch in front of friends, family, pets, whoever! The Southern Maryland Innovates team is available to help! Please contact us if you would like help building your pitch.
Step 7: Pitch at Finals!
- The five finalists from the Speed Round will pitch at the Virtual Crab Pot Finals. Contestants will have five minutes to present pitches to the judges.
- There will be 4 minutes for judges to ask questions and contestants to respond.
Step 8: Fame! Fortune! Glory!At the conclusion of the Virtual Crab Pot Finals, the judges will deliberate and select the winners.